Stage 4 & 5 Religious Education
The Religious Education program in Stages 4 & 5 aims to assist students towards:
- Making sense of everyday life experiences in the broader contexts of mystery, complexity, confusion and awe.
- Gaining access to and understanding the traditions of the Catholic community, its story, its experiences and its teachings.
- Celebrating with others the mystery and life of the Risen Christ.
- Responding to the activity of God in their lives and in the whole of creation.
Students study the following areas:
Stage 4 (Years 7 & 8)
- What It Means To Be Catholic
- Sacred Scriptures
- Stewards of Creation
- Ways of Praying
- The Teachings of Jesus
- Sacraments of Initiation
- Disciples, Martyrs and Witnesses of the Faith
- Alive in Christ
- Striving For Goodness
Stage 5 (Years 9 & 10)
- Biblical Writing
- The Church In Australia
- The Search For Meaning
- Sacraments of Healing
- Living The Commandments and Beatitudes
- The Gospels
- The Church –Tradition, Challenge and Change
- Ecumenism and Interfaith Dialogue
- Sacraments at the Service of Communion
- Catholic Social Teaching